Dear Health Sciences applicant
At the University of the Free State (UFS), we understand that the current COVID-19 situation is raising many questions for a matriculant who wishes to apply for university study in 2021. We acknowledge the concerns you may have and would like to share important information that should put your mind at ease:
1. The due date for applying to the Faculty of Health Sciences remains 31 May 2020.
2. The following will not be a requirement when applying to study at the UFS in 2021:
– NBT test results
– Grade 12 June examination results
3. The following is required for application to study at the UFS in 2021 and must accompany your application for admission:
– Grade 11 final examination results
4. The following supporting documents that you are required to submit together with your application, may be forwarded to FHSApplications@ufs.ac.za at a later stage when the lockdown level makes it possible for you to have these forms completed:
– The school value-added form
– Confirmation of good health by a medical practitioner
– Only in the case of applying for Occupational Therapy selection: a motivation (no more than 250 words) can be submitted instead of the proof of a visit to an occupational therapy practice.
Therefore, we urge you to apply as soon as possible before the deadline and then send the outstanding documents at a later stage.
We look forward to receiving your application to study at Kovsies in 2021!