Bon Hotels has an in-service traineeship. The traineeship runs for three years.
Trainees will be placed at a BON Hotel in South Africa where they will work full time for the Hotel in the various departments:
Front Office, Reservations, Housekeeping, Kitchen, Restaurants, Bars
Conferencing / Banqueting, Sales / Marketing and Accounts.
Recruitment to start by no later than mid-September and all applications to be in by no later than 31 October.
- Criteria for applicants is as follows:
- Must be in possession of a matric certificate or equivalent thereof
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 24 years
- Must be a South African Citizen
- Must have mathematics and preferably accounting as a subject to Matric level
- Must be in the process of completing an Orientation Traineeship Programme
- have worked full time in a hotel or guesthouse for at least one year.
- Trainees will receive a salary per month. The salary will be basic minimum wage.
- Each year the Trainees will attend a Block Release Programme for a six-week period at a Tertiary Institute where they will attend classes, write exams and on successful completion, receive certification:
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- University of Johannesburg
- Capsicum Culinary Studio
- The Hotel where the Trainees are based will be responsible for the Block Release costs.
- After completion of this programme, In-Service Trainees will be able to more effectively manage organisational resources. It will enable In-Service Trainees to obtain current knowledge by learning more about the key managerial concepts in Hospitality Management.